Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Missing Our Son, Thankful for Facebook!


Our 13-year-old is spending the week at his grandparents, where five other cousins are visiting. I didn't expect to miss him.  I miss him terribly.
We have spent most of our summer vacation together; first on a journey to upstate New York and then me ferrying him back and forth daily to a month-long theater camp. 

(Lucas, right, and his cousin Robbie)

Lucas is an animated, expressive young man and I miss our conversations. For now, I am resorting to checking for updates and pictures on the facebook pages of my brother and my sister-in-law, and calling my mom for news and to ask her to make sure he's practicing his trumpet and brushing his teeth and not spending too much time texting.


(My brother with two of my nieces and two of my nephews)



(My mom and my niece Grace)





(My youngest nephew, Douglas, and some other cousins)

This afternoon my mom said she saw Lucas on the lake, in a sailboat with a bunch of kids. 



Yup. There he goes!


1 comment: