I swindled this idea from Granola Catholic Why don't you do your own and post a link in the comment box? That way, we can all get to know one another better!
1. I took an extra year for college because I took extra science courses in the hopes of being a pre-med. I worked very very hard, but simply did not have the grades to continue on that path.
2. M.D.s run in my family; my dad is a doctor, as were his two brothers, as is one of my sisters.
3. My mother is a retired public school teacher. So is my mother-in-law.
4. A few summers ago, I voraciously read through three of the four books in the Twilight series. I stopped because I felt ridiculous being obsessed with whether Bella would fall in love with the werewolf or the vampire. Plus, a girlfriend told me the fourth book was icky.
5. I met my beloved 20 years ago at a Thanksgiving dinner in Statesville, N.C. We talked until about 3 a.m., but didn't start dating until about six months later. (My idea not to date; not his! Silly me.)
6. I spilled a plate of fried eggs on a customer at a diner where I waitressed after graduating from college. I quit the job that very night. (I was working a 12 hour overnight shift).
7. I was a lousy waitress (in case that wasn't already clear from #6). Too much to keep straight in my head - this one needs dessert; this family just showed up; the other guy's soup is ready etc.
8. I am not an auditory learner. In one ear, out the other. If I write something down, however, I rarely forget it.
9. Many many things I don't write about; most have to do with struggles of my siblings or my husband's' or of the challenges my students face.
10. My husband is the oldest boy in a family of three boys and a girl. I am the youngest in a family of three girls and one boy. This is one more way we complement each other.