Monday, October 24, 2011

A Beautiful Song about the Origins of Us and the Universe


I wish I knew more about the song, "The Design" or its author, A. Marani. Perhaps my CL friends can enlighten us? The Communion and Liberation choir sang this at a Baptismal Mass on Sunday afternoon. The lyrics speak to the origins of the human being. I am left in awe when I consider that each of us was willed into being from nothingness by the Mystery and that we will, as Monsignor Lorenzo Albacete says, disappear one day into the Mystery.



"The Design"

In the deepest sea of silence 
Just a single voice was heard, 
In a night without end,
There was only a spark of light
Where nothing had been present before.

Already you had written my name among the stars, Already you had planned my life entwined in yours, you had already written of me.

And then when from Your mind
the stars began to shine,
and then when from Your hands
the earth was born in time, 
Where nothing had been present before.

Already You had written my name among the stars, Already You had planned my life entwined in Yours, You had already written of me.

And then when You had stretched
the vastness of the sky and on it 
You had painted the rainbows and the clouds,
Where nothing had been present before

And then when You had carved 
the valleys and the hills, 
and then when You had drawn, 
the path of every man, I know You did it also for me.

I did not know my longing, 
Till I encountered You. 
I see what freedom is,
Your plan prepared for me. 
I will not search for more because 
You will save me now.

1 comment:

  1. I heard this song at a wedding and was wondering if there is a recording of this song out there? Do you know anyone that sings this song? Thanks for any info!!

    ReplyDelete