Friday, October 10, 2014

A New View Thanks to a Wrong Turn on the Interstate This Morning.

I leave for my high school teaching job before the sun rises but because I drive north, I do not see the sun rise. I see the clouds slowly being illuminated by the rising sun, but I do not see the sun itself. 

Bone tired,  I was running late this morning, and thinking excitedly how our oldest son is coming home from college for the weekend. I was so exhausted and anxious and distracted that I took a wrong turn and ended up heading west on an interstate instead of north. 

So I had to turn around, head east, then north again. This is what greeted me as I headed back to my usual route. 



This new morning view reminded me how so much depends on the view from where we stand. We see the world from our vantage point and yet there is Another who sees existence from every perspective, beyond the human limits of space and time.

I can get so caught up in my own circumstances that I forget about the Mystery that summoned me to this place on the planet.


– In the morning let me know your love.
Make me know the way I should walk.
 
from the Book of Hours


No comments:

Post a Comment