Friday, August 15, 2014

How To Make Iced Latte Without Ice

I was inspired this afternoon to make an iced latte, following the directions of Danielle Walker, on her wonderful blog, Against All Grain. 

This, my friends, is not what my iced latte looked like:


Yes,  I went to Wegman's yesterday and bought actual vanilla beans, a purchase so startling that our 14 year old asked me more than once as he was putting away the groceries exactly where the nearly empty bottle was supposed to go. 



I bought coconut milk too. I was ready to go.

But after I'd made the coffee, and put in the coconut milk, the vanilla bean, the Vermont maple syrup and the cinnamon, I opened our freezer door to discover that someone had thrown out the big bag of ice that has been sitting in there all summer. 

I ended up sticking the glass in the freezer for 15 minutes. This coffee is delish! And I need to buy me some ice cube trays.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Happy Feast of the Assumption. My brilliant, lovely friend Michelle has written a wonderful piece that you can read here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment