Friday, April 18, 2014

Novels from the Caribbean: Join My On-Line Book Club


So...those of you who love to read novels: will you join my online-book club?



It began as a project with my mom to read from every Caribbean nation. I stole this idea from Ann Morgan, an English writer who spent 2012 reading a novel from every country in the world. That idea overwhelms me. But I figured I'd start with the Caribbean, since my mom, at 83, has decided to learn Creole.

Already, I've read  Edwidge Danticat's The Dew Breaker and Julia Alvarez' In the Time of the Butterflies. 

Here is rest of the list so far. I am open to suggestions for which other novels from other Caribbean nations to add to the list.

for May....Haiti: The Dew Breaker

for June....Dominican Republic: In the Time of the Butterflies

for July....Martinique: Texaco




for August....Cuba: Cecilia Valdés


Let me know in the comment box below if you'd like to join in and if this seems like a doable schedule. Oh, and introduce yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment