Tuesday, August 13, 2013

What's Not on TV: This Story

Good things rarely happen on TV news. If you learned about the world from TV news you would think people spend their days raping, murdering and driving drunk. Buses fall off cliffs, trains crash and planes fly into homes.



Lately, I have been watching way too much TV news, because I am parked on a treadmill at the wellness center. I am not much of a sports fan and watching Ina Garten and Giada de Laurentiis feels counterintuitive when I am doing my high-intensity interval training, so TV news it is.

This slice of humanity served up hourly is awful. That is why a story my friend Fran posted on her facebook page is wonderful. You see, while we revel in the sinfulness of others, real life is happening. People are out there, doing their best to honor their loved ones.

Check it out.

http://blog.timesunion.com/roberts/the-difficult-path-of-virtue/384/

1 comment:

  1. "...while we revel in the sinfulness of others, real life is happening. People are out there, doing their best to honor their loved ones."

    Thanks for posting this item and mentioning Professor Warren Roberts. I'm happy that he is reaching out through the great internets and sharing his stories with so many people. I learned so much from his courses. Life-changing lessons. And to think we were studying the French Revolution at the time. Who knew!

    Mike Huber, friend of Fran's

    ReplyDelete