Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Friend Faces Death: "I am Surrendering to Something"

Two weeks ago, I published a video my friend Rita had put on youtube. Her husband, Frank, (pictured holding the cross) suffers with from advanced-stage neuroendocrine cancer. Today Rita put up another video, one that shows her husband continuing to bear witness to the Mystery that called each of us into being and the Mystery to whom we all are destined.

As Frank copes with chemotherapy, "I'm still in pain and still...giving thanks for every day that I wake up and my eyes are still open," he says.

It's not easy to watch friends and family suffer. But the value of Frank's testimony is clear: he is telling us how to endure suffering. Please watch this, friends. As Frank says "I just want more people to accompany me on our walk."


1 comment: