Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane Sandy: Last Night and Right Now


The hurricane is expected to make landfall one county south of here. Yesterday afternoon, before the wind and rain started, I shot this photo of the front of our house. Notice all the leaves on the tree to the left and in the background.

Just now, I ran outside in the pouring rain (can't take the journalist out of the girl) and snapped the front of our house again, in pretty intense wind. (see below). I didn't get exactly the same shot or angle. While I was out there, my next-door neighbor shouted at me to get inside.  The winds are gusting up to 65 miles an hour. Very loud. I am so grateful we just had our "tree guy" last week give all our trees their annual trims.

So...it seems like by the time this is over, no more fall leaves. We are safe and we are dry. And for now, we have power and clean water. Prayers to all who are already suffering.



No comments:

Post a Comment