Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Little Frivolity: Patron Saint Meme


Melissa, who blogs from central Texas at Make Sense of this Spence, tagged me in a new blog meme:

The rules are as follows:

"Assuming you are a saint, and your cause has been executed, your miracles confirmed, your date on the calendar established, all that is required is to select that of which Holy Mother Church will name you Patron (ess) of.

For this meme, you must name your patronage
and then tag 5 other people who would like to play along.

Linking your answer to your nominator's post 
would make it easier to get your answers."

Impossible to even imagine I would be canonized. But in the spirit of fun, I would say I would love to be the patron saint of children. (This is also a shameless excuse also to post a picture of our boys) Now I know there already are plenty of other patron saints for this. But as a culture, we so devalue children. It certainly couldn't hurt to have another patroness for them!
So many millions of children do not even take their first breath because they are aborted in their mothers' wombs. I also think of wounded adults, who can't see past their own pain to be truly present to their children. I think of how all of us get so caught up in materialism, consumerism, that we forget one of our most important duty as parents: to nurture the souls of our children.
PSALM 139
O Lord, you search me and you know me,
you know my resting and my rising,
you discern my purpose from afar.
You mark when I walk or lie down;
all my ways lie open before you.
O where can I go from your spirit,
or where can I flee from your face?
If I climb the heavens, you are there.
If I lie in the grave, you are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn
and dwell at the sea's furthest end,
even there your hand would lead me,
your right hand would hold me fast.
For it was you who created my being,
knit me together in my mother's womb.
I thank you for the wonder of my being,
for the wonders of all your creation.    



I would like to tag the following Catholic friends in this meme:
1. Sarah at Clay Rosary Girl
2. Dee at Women of Teal
3. Frank at Why I am Catholic
4. Paula at Home in Douglas

5 comments:

  1. Oh dear! Now I have to come up with something good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, here it is! http://homeindouglas.blogspot.com/2011/08/tag-im-it.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would probably pick the same thing as you. If I can get my kids to heaven, that's all I want to be remembered for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Paula: HILARIOUS post. Now I wish I'd picked Patron Saint of Mothers With Short Tempers.

    ReplyDelete