Do you know about this feature? Jen Fulwiler at Conversion Diary started it. The idea is to come up with seven quick things to talk about. Hmmmm. Given that I am most verbose, this will be tricky. Let me give it a whirl. And tell me what you think. Is this fun to read? Or annoying?
1. The camera phone works well enough. But we have got to get the cord juicer-upper thingy working on the family camera. There is so much I would like to photograph and I don't like grabbing stuff off google images so much for the blog.
2. Our son is loving The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan, the first in a book series written by various children's writers called The 39 Clues. He's been asking me about the Paris Catacombs, St. Denis and so on. This is great! And I am learning, too.
3. Step aside George Clooney. You're getting old, and the fact you have announced you never will marry or raise children is....immature. My new celebrity crush? Steven Colbert. The guy, a practicing Catholic, a happily married father of three and a Jerseyan by choice, is laugh-out-loud funny! I love his dry wit. And how ridiculous is this photo? I do love a man with dry, self-deprecating humor. Just ask my hubster.
5. One of the great things about being a parent is the places our children take us. Last night it was a rural, yes I said rural, patch of Staten Island. Our teen has a friend who plays in a band and they had their first paid gig at a place called Killmeyer's Old Bavarian Inn. What a wonderful place! It's well over 100 years old and has the feel of a European tavern. Or at least what I think a European tavern feels like. I want to go back there on a date with the hubster.
6. The security lights are in! As I mentioned, we've been targeted by a vandal. The police suggested we clear out overgrowth and install more lights on the property. Done and done.
7. Well, I am reading Crime and Punishment. I can't put it down.This is much more compelling than my crime-show addiction. I wrote about that, and then successfully weaned myself from it/
Have a beautiful weekend and don't get caught in a thunderstorm! And let me know if you think I should continue this feature.