Saturday, March 23, 2013

Please Pray for a Young Man's Continued Recovery

A few days ago, I asked you to pray for a young man, Peter, a 14-year-old family friend who is a classmate of our younger son, as well as a fellow Confirmandi. Last Friday, Peter had a seven-hour operation at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan, the nation's oldest orthopedic hospital, to correct acute scoliosis. Peter now is home recuperating.

I ask you continue to pray for him, as well as for his loving parents, who are caring for him. My girlfriend Judy stayed by his side his entire hospital stay.

My father, long retired, was a surgeon and I often heard from patients how grateful they were to his care. Now I really understand. As a reminder that surgeons can, with the grace of God, work miracles, here are Peter's before and after photos.

Before....

After....



 

Blessed Savior, I thank you that this operation is safely past, and now this young man rests in your abiding presence, relaxing every tension, releasing every care and anxiety, receiving more and more of your healing life  into every part of his being. In moments of pain may he turn to you for strength, in times of loneliness may he feel your loving nearness. Grant that your life and love and joy may flow through him for the healing of others in your name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You clearly know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting
    videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative
    to read?

    Also visit my page: bmi chart for women

    ReplyDelete