1. Sweet Potato Knishes. Found a great recipe here.
2. This boy. Now, don't get me wrong. He is not my favorite son. He is simply, a favorite son. We just had an IEP meeting today to set up his learning plan for high school. After he left the meeting, his caseworker told me and my husband: "He is a gem. He is as good as gold."
And yes, that just about sums up how I feel about our 13-year-old. He's an athlete who also sings in the choir and plays the trumpet. He is friends with a wide range of kids. He is a hambone and he is a loyal friend. He takes his faith seriously. He is willing to work hard to succeed in school, even when the going gets tough. Plus, he makes an awesome chili. 'Nuff said.
3. This man and this book. I just finished listening to it in the car. Wonderful, well-researched and inspiring.
4. Saturday Date Nights. Now that our boys are teenagers, and well past the need for babysitters, my husband and I have been taking ourselves out to dinner on Saturday nights. Lovely. Here is where we went on Saturday; he ate mussels and I ordered salmon.
5. This fascinating interview with Dean Koontz, best-selling author of supernatural suspense stories.