Sunday, February 3, 2013

Superbowl Pizza: Thanks, Ina Garten!

Every Superbowl for more than a decade, our younger son's Godfather and his family of six (his four daughters pictured here)  have come to our house to watch the game.  We all scrunch together on two sofas and some floor pillows. My husband always makes awesome chicken wings and mac and cheese. This year, I decided to prepare white pizza, too. I saw Ina Garten, a.k.a. The Barefoot Contessa, prepare the pizza last week on her Food Network show.

It is awesome. "Mom, you should make this again," was the feedback from our 16-year-old son.



Start by kneading pizza dough and then drizzling it with garlic-flavored olive oil seasoned with thyme.

Add the cheese: my husband could not find the goat's milk cheese at either supermarket he visited yesterday, so I grated provolone and sprinkled the top with Parmesan.

The recipe calls for topping the pizza with arugula salad and lemon vinaigrette.  I ran out of arugula the other day so I substituted spinach. That worked beautifully. 

What to do with the extra lemons? I think they look cheerful resting in the plants on my kitchen windowsill. They will remind me to  make more of this pizza again later this week!





No comments:

Post a Comment