Friday, December 21, 2012

On Advent Prep and Missing Letters

It startled me to realize I have not written anything in nearly a week. More importantly, I haven't prayed as much as my heart needs to. This last week before Christmas has been full, too full, really, with paper grading and midterm progress report filing and gift buying and wrapping presents for my Secret Santa at work. I finally bought our Christmas tree at the farmer's market on my way home from work and the boys put it up without too much grumbling. But none of us has had the time or interest in decorating it.  My husband is swamped at work and the boys are distracted by school work and their social lives and the start of middle school basketball season.

Earlier this week I finally got around to an Advent project I thought I would have done early in the season. In early December, I bought seven wooden letters at a craft store and planned to paint them purple. P.R.E.P.A.R.E. and put them near the creche in the bay window.

But in the intervening weeks,  the dog chewed on one of the letters and another one went missing.

This is how I found myself Monday night painting the letters P.R.E.P.R. and contemplating how we ever could possibly ever be ready for our Savior.


No comments:

Post a Comment