Monday, September 12, 2011

Pay It Forward: Kitchen Coach Alma Schneider

Alma Schneider is not a scold. She's a guitar-playing/social working/sunny-side-up mother of four who is determined to help people take better care of themselves and their families.

"How do you find the time to cook so much?" is a question I am often asked. The answer is simple: I have easy strategies that you can learn. There is no magic here..."

Her blog, Take Back the Kitchen, "is dedicated to helping people recognize and overcome the common and unique psychological and practical obstacles to being everything they hope to be in the kitchen."


 The life she describes in her down-to-earth posts sounds a little messy around the edges. Aren't all of ours? She writes great recipes (check out the Chick Pea and Celery Salad) and she also shares snippets from her life that make me laugh.

Here's how last summer she said goodbye to two Chinese exchange students her family hosted: "Sure, they flooded our bathroom causing a leak and plaster falling from the downstairs kitchen, melted an electronic adapter and destroyed a power strip, left their towels in a wet heap on the floor every day and needed to learn how to say please and thank you, but those were peripheral."

She lives in the wilds of New Jersey suburbia after a childhood in a family of nine in a two-bedroom Manhattan apartment. I'm glad I discovered her blog. I know you will enjoy it too!



1 comment:

  1. I am sitting here laughing and flattered! Thank you for reading my blog and for your wonderful feedback. I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments! I look forward to reading yours!
    ALma

    ReplyDelete